Photobucket Photobucket photobucket

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where do readers read?

I was planning a reading mini-lesson about where readers read when I saw this on Pinterest:


It's from A Place Called Kindergarten.
She has the download available for free on her blog!

So, I used her idea to read "I Can Read with My Eyes Shut" by Dr. Seuss and have the students illustrate themselves reading somewhere special.  It was a great lesson and I love how creative some of my kiddos got with the assignment!  Here's what it looks like in my room:


--Mrs. Pollard

4 comments:

  1. I am loving this.....gonna have to "copy/borrow" and do this with my 4th graders:))) Thanks for the idea...really love the circle map. Our district is huge into using Thinking Maps.

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used your mini lesson today and the kids loved it. I blogged about it and plugged your bloggy:) Thanks for the idea:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! I am so excited that you used this activity:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will likewise discover a few credit suppliers on the web. Great examination may really discover you a superior arrangement online than you would at a neighborhood office. Once endorsed, an online auto advance moneylender will send you the cash by means of check and this will help you turn into a pre-affirmed auto credit purchaser. Check Cashing San-diego

    ReplyDelete