Photobucket Photobucket photobucket

Friday, April 5, 2013

Five for Friday

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party.  This week was my Spring Break and while I didn't go on a tropical trip I sure did enjoy all of my free time.

1. I went to eye doctor.  I hate going to the eye doctor.  My left eye is so awful I always feel like a dummy when I can't read their dang letter chart!  On the upside, I ordered some super cute new Kate Spade glasses.  I don't wear my glasses on the regular, but I love throwing them in once in awhile.
Kate Spade Lucyann Eyeglasses-In Color-Tortoise Gold-Size-49/16/135



2. My hubby and I decided to jump on the spaghetti squash train and have a super healthy spaghetti dinner. I've been seeing different recipes on Pinterest using spaghetti squash, but I've been scared to try them.  I'm a real stickler for weird textures in my food and I thought for sure it'd make for a traumatic experience.  After seeing Jackson rave about it on The Biggest Loser, however, we decided to give it a go.  The verdict... It has very little taste and is a little crunchier than noodles (that could be because of our prep though), but not too bad overall.  We haven't decided if we'll do it again or just stick to our whole grain pasta.



3. I got my creative on and added some leather elbow patches to a cardigan!  I really wanted elbow patches on a black and white striped cardigan, but I went with something I already had in the closet.
{In case you haven't tried, getting a picture of elbow patches is a little awkward.}



4. I got a mailer advertisement for The Limited.  I usually put this type of mail directly in the garbage, but attached to this mailer was a gift card for $20!  I carefully read the fine print and made my husband read the fine print... it was really just $20 to spend in their store.  A.W.E.S.O.M.E.  This is what I got:


5. My mom and step dad are coming for a visit tomorrow!  I just love being closer to family.  :)

Happy weekend y'all!

6 comments:

  1. Too funny! No fabulous trip here either & I also had my eyes checked. The Dr. said, "Yeah, you couldn't pass the driver's test at this time." It had been quite awhile since I had them checked!
    :)
    Tamera
    MyHeartBelongsinFirst
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found you on Five for Friday linky! Love finding 1st grade blogs to follow!
    :)Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also dislike the eye doctor. The last time I went, I fainted! That had never happened to me before. Your Kate Spade glasses are super cute though. I am happy to be your newest follower =)

    Ashley
    K-3 Connection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater looks awesome! Way to be crafty over break! Super cute new glasses. Have you ever used Zenni Optical? Amazing! Glasses are like $9 a pair! It's super fun to wear funky glasses & since they're so cheap, you totally can buy them!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love the comment about elbow patches. So true, but you did it well! :) Your dinner looks delicious even if it was not that great.

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have those same exact glasses.... love them! Just found your cute blog :-)

    ReplyDelete